Friday, May 19, 2017

Currently Reading This Week



 I had managed to finish "Tuesdays with Morrie" over this past weekend. I have to say that I couldn't put it down! That books has made it to be one of my favorites. I feel as though I could relate to it since I typically go see my grandparents at least once a week on the same day. It reminded me of that so much. I value the time I spend with the people I love and appreciate the fact that I am lucky to be able to no matter how busy my life seems to get.

Moving on though, I picked up "Jurassic Park" by Michael Crichton. I know most people know it by the movie franchise but its just one single book that I have to say I like better than the movies. Especially the one that recently came out. The book is more of a commentary on the idea of genetic modifications and engineering and the possibilities that can go wrong with it. It is just taken to the extreme of making dinosaurs. I think people forget how gmos affect us. This is a fantastic book to see the arguments against it.

I have a couple dozen books lined up this summer to read and I am hoping to get through them all before the next semester if I decided to go back then. I didn't realize how much I missed having time to read since my list keeps growing longer and longer.