Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Summer Of Reading


Finals are now over, and hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be receiving my associates of arts degree. I have been spending the last couple of days applying to university and getting everything ready for the fall semester. This summer is the first summer I will not be taking classes. I am looking forward to just working at the library and reading everything in there. The first book I have started is "Thirteen Reasons Why". I got this just out out of sheer curiosity. It's not that great of a book and I am having trouble relating to any of the characters. I think that is mostly because I am 24 and not 16. I basically decided to read it because some older patron in the library was offended due to it "making teens commit suicide". While, I think the book shines a light on teen suicide, its really just not that well written to me. I don't know, again I just can't relate to it. I haven't even bothered to watch the Netflix series on it and I probably won't.

The next book on my list is "Tuesdays with Morrie". I have heard great things about it and I am looking forward to it more so than my last pick. I haven't started it yet, but I will be within the next couple of days.